This three day, instructor-led IT Governance Foundation Course provides an overview the main concepts of IT Governance according to COBIT 5, ISACA ’s latest governance framework, and how they can be applied. COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realising benefits and optimising risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
This course and the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate are mandatory for additional COBIT 5 training, including the COBIT 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program Training.
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of aFramework
- The business benefits of using COBIT 5
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
The COBIT 5 Foundation certificate is to to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to:
- Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management
- Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
Business Management, IT /IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners; Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT Implementer or Assessor.
This course prepares candidates for the exam leading to the COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate. The optional exam is a closed book, multiple choice exam, existing of 50 questions. The pass mark is 50% or at least 25 correct answers. The duration for the exam is 40 minutes.
No mandatory prerequisites although some experience in IT or related fields is recommended
Africa Value Solutions provides a set of IT Governance courses based on CobiT®, which include the practical experience of creating and implementing IT Governance structures. These courses are provided as in-house dedicated courses, but can also be structured as workshops depending on your requirements.
Click here to find our venues around East Africa. Africa Value Solutions (AVS) has partnered with a number of hotels in the East African region to offer quality and affordable conference training facilities. AVS through our regional partner network is capable of organizing training’s in any town in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan. AVS can also arrange for In-house training’s.
Africa Value Solutions currently offers the following IT Governance using Cobit courses:
- IT Governance Foundation (based on CobiT® 5.0)
- Implementing IT Governance using CobiT® and Val IT **The Implementing IT Governance using CobiT and VAL IT course is owned by ISACA®