Global E-Learning Catalog:
COBIT5 Foundation Factsheets:
Price: USD$ 395 (60 days e-learning access)
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is meant for IT professionals seeking knowledge and understanding of the governance and management of enterprise IT. It is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT.
COBIT®5 (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology version 5) is a framework created by ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association) for information technology (IT) management and IT governance. It is a supporting toolset that allows managers to bridge the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks.
Who should attend this course
- Business Managers.
- Chief Executives.
- Managing Directors.
- IT/IS Auditors.
- Internal Auditors.
- Information Security and IT Practitioners.
- IT Consultants.
- IT/IS Management.
- Those looking to be certified as either a COBIT Implementer or Assessor
It will be particularly relevant if:
- it is your goal to align your IT department with business requirements;
- you are tasked with meeting regulatory and statutory requirements or government targets that demand IT services to be properly evaluated, directed and monitored;
- you want to gain an understanding of COBIT 5 and its relationship with other best practice guidelines.
Benefits of COBIT 5
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists in achieving organisational objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. So what are the benefits of using COBIT 5 to establish an IT management and governance framework?:
- Maintaining high-quality information to support business decisions
- Achieving strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieving operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- Maintaining IT-related risk at an acceptable level
- Optimizing the cost of IT services and technology
- Supporting compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies
In short COBIT 5 provides globally accepted principles, practices, tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, IT and this extended guidance will provide IT, business, security, risk, assurance and consulting professionals with a more robust framework to assist in delivering and sustaining organisational objectives and strategy.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, it is recommended that delegates have some understanding of IT governance.
Course Content – E-Learning offers:
- High Quality Videos
- Two Simulated Practice Tests (each test has 75 questions, and is for 1 hour)
- Downloadable Study Guides – All chapters
- Chapter Tests – All chapters
- Terms and Concepts – All chapters
- Course Validity – 60 days
Key learning areas covered:
- An Overview of COBIT® 5 (History, Drivers, Benefits, Structure, Alignment)
- The Five Principles of COBIT® 5
- The Seven Enablers of COBIT® 5
- An Introduction to COBIT ®5 Implementation
- The Process Capability Assessment Model
COBIT 5 Foundation learning objectives
This course will prepare you for the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate exam and will ensure that you gain an understanding of:
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT 5.
- The business benefits of COBIT 5.
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture.
- The Governance and Management of Enterprise IT and the IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5.
- How COBIT 5 processes and Process Reference Model (PRM) help create the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
- How to create awareness with business executives and senior IT Management.
- How to assess the current state of Enterprise IT in your organisation.
- The basic concepts for the implementation of COBIT 5 and of the new Process Assessment Model (PAM).
- How to scope what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement
The COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question
- 25 marks required to pass – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
Please note that this exam is available to candidates of an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) such a Africa Value Solutions LTD.