Global E-Learning Catalog:
ITIL Brochure Downloads:
Price: USD$ 495 (90 Days e-Learning + AXELOS Exams)
ITIL® 2011 edition is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement, promoting alignment with the business as well as improving operational efficiency. The official ITIL® 2011 edition qualification scheme describes two streams, the Service Lifecycle Stream and the Service Capability stream.
The Service Lifecycle stream focuses on ITIL® practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The prime focus is the Lifecycle itself as well as the use of process and practice elements used within it.
The Service Capability stream is for those who wish to obtain an in depth understanding of ITIL processes and roles. Attention to the Service Lifecycle is illustrated as part of the curriculum but the primary focus is the on the process activities, execution and use throughout the Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL® RCV (Release, Control & Validation) course is part of the ITIL® 2011 edition Intermediate Capability certification stream. The course prepares candidates to take the ITIL® Release, Control & Validation Intermediate exam as well as proving valuable knowledge that can be implemented in the workplace.
Course and Learning Objectives:
At the end of this course, you will learn:
- The concept of Service Management as a practice
- The purpose, goal and objectives of the Change Management Process
- The purpose of the SACM process and the goal of Configuration Management
- The use of a Configuration Management System (CMS), and its major components, in supporting the effective execution of SACM process
- The purpose, goal, objectives and scope of the RDM process
- The purpose, goal and objectives of the SVT process
- The purpose, goal, objectives and scope of the KM process
- The purpose, goal, objectives and scope of the Service Evaluation process
- The purpose and scope of the Request Fulfillment process
Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the Service Capability approach to IT Service Management as well as focusing on the processes & roles, activities and their execution throughout the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Release, Control & Validation certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Quint Wellington Redwood’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive an ITIL® 2011 edition Release, Control & Validation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
ITIL® Release, Control & Validation
40 Self Study Hours
Self Paced e-Learning
Core set of 5 ITIL books.
About the Examination:
Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
Number of Questions: 8
Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
Exam Delivery: Online or paper based
Exam Duration: 90 minutes
Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
An ITIL® Foundation certificate and preferably two years work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
Upon successfully achieving the ITIL® Release, Control & Validation certificate, students will earn 4 credits in the ITIL® qualification scheme.
Project Management Institute –Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 35
IT Managers, Operational staff, and anyone requiring a deeper knowledge of or who are involved in the Release, Control & Validation cluster of processes and functions.
Africa Value Solutions Limited (AVS) currently offers the following ITIL® e-Learning courses:
- ITIL® Foundation with Case Study
- ITIL® Operation Support and Analysis
- ITIL® Release, Control and Validation
- ITIL® Service Offerings and Agreements
- ITIL® Planning, Protection and Optimization
- ITIL® Service Strategy
- ITIL® Service Design
- ITIL® Service Transition
- ITIL® Service Operation
- ITIL® Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL® Managing across the lifecycle
- Using the principles of ITIL® Service Catalog