There has been an ongoing debate regarding the role professional certifications play in boosting ones career prospects. While professional certifications will not guarantee you a job or a promotion, they will certainly greatly improve your chances as study after study reveals. International best practice certifications as offered by Africa Value Solutions LTD (AVS) in Project Management, Information Technology, Occupational Health and Safety, Sales and Marketing, Management, Business Analysis as well as ISO will surely boost your career in many ways:
1. Meet job specifications. Look in the job ads and find one that doesn’t specify having a professional certification as essential or desirable. How many did you find, truly go ahead and search. Even when not stated, certification is often a given, in fact some recruitment agencies won’t even consider you without them and some interviewers may wonder why you didn’t formalize your experience by tackling the training and the exams. Don’t give them the chance.
2. Move from the academic to the real world. For undergraduates or graduates familiar with an academic environment, a professional certification could be your door to the real world as it tells employers that you’ve thought seriously about your career progression path and that you’re ready for business.
3. Get your foot in the door – or get it open! Trying to get into certain high level careers can seem daunting even if you have employment experience. Put an International Best Practice Certification on your CV, though, and it says: I’m interested, I’m committed and I’m across everything that’s behind it and its application. It makes you more likely to be considered for any opportunity that fits you best: work experience, internship, associated role and for a trainee post.
4. Go global with your job prospects. International Best Practice Certification can not only help open doors they can keep them open. If you’re a professional who has landed a job, professional certifications will give you the confidence to back up decisions when challenged; if you’d love to get that kind of job it’ll instill the competence and confidence to go for it. Most International Best Practice Certification are totally portable and acknowledged across the global job market. Think of it as one element of your back-up plan in case things don’t shape up as well as you’d like.
5. Show employers you’ve still got it. Having International Best Practice Certification on your CV demonstrates that along with years of unbeatable experience you’ll be bringing potential employers today’s recognized best practices that improve project success and not yesterday’s tired and failed methods.
6. Credibility for contractors. Freelance operatives are like mini companies and like all companies they have to sell themselves, their reputation and their skills. Much easier to do that with an International Best Practice Certification on your resume. It is evidence that you’re using a proven and consistent methodology that they can understand.
7. Employers see International Best Practice Certifications as the safe bet. In times of crisis we all head for safety. For HR and training and development departments that means professional certifications. Faced with the need to spend less whilst still ensuring that staff get top-class training so they can deliver successfully, many see professional certifications as the de-facto requirements. Doubtless they have taken into account worldwide research demonstrating its benefits.
8. Value for money employee. Ask yourself this: since training budgets are tight what will a company offering openings think if you turn up already trained ?