Global E-Learning Catalog:
PRINCE2 Brochure Downloads:
Price: USD$ 495 (180 days e-Learning access + Exams)
PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2® is recognized as a world-class international product and is the defacto standard method for project management throughout the world. The PRINCE2® method is in the public domain, offering nonproprietary, best practice guidance on project management.
The PRINCE2® Foundation course will provide delegates with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2® methodology including the seven processes, seven themes and seven principles central to running a project using the PRINCE2® method. The successful completion of the Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognized Foundation qualification. The Foundation level measures whether a delegate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
Course and Learning Objectives
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2® method.
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the Project Plan.
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2® method.
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven themes, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the seven principles.
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes.
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
- Pass the Foundation Exam.
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto Practitioner Level.
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.
The e-learning allows the delegate to go through the chapters in a logical manner. The content starts with an introduction and PRINCE2® overview and ends with sample exams to test the delegates understanding of the PRINCE2® Foundation. The e-learning enables the delegate to study the material at the delegate’s preferred pace. It is recommended to do the sample exams after the complete e-learning has been followed. To prepare effectively for the PRINCE2® Foundation exam, delegates should be prepared to undertake revision and exam preparation work.
Course Student Material
Students will receive the credentials to start the Computer Based Training (CBT). The CBT is an online training course and can be followed anytime and anywhere.
Computer Based Training
Why choose Africa Value Solutions (AVS) for your training needs?
- Quality Accredited Training: Course materials and exams are accredited and licensed by APMG International
- Competitive Prices: We’ll beat any prices of an accredited organisation. Lowest exam re-take price guarantee.
- Independent: Africa Value Solutions (AVS) is a private company. AVS is fully independent, not being a part of or (partly) owned by any IT vendor. We believe our independent status enables us to live the promise of looking after your organization’s best interests and nothing else.
- Guarantee Pass: We are so confident in the quality of all of our training that we offer a guaranteed pass on all courses to foundation level. That’s right! Africa Value Solutions (AVS) now offers a pass guarantee on all of its APMG accredited Foundation level courses with 2 attempts.
- Best People & Best Practices: Africa Value Solutions in partnership with our global partners has access to a huge reservoir of the world’s most talented, qualified and experienced trainers as well as the and best solutions for IT-management.
- Flexibility: Study at your own time and pace and sit for your exams in the comfort of your familiar environment. Our accredited invigilators will let you take your exams in your home, office or any familiar environment if they meet our requirements at no additional costs.
- Reliability: We require only 24 hours to get you started with your studies and 48 hours to organise your exams.
- Local: Africa Value Solutions works with a team of local partners to bring you localized and personalized training services.
- Dare to Challenge / Leveraged consulting: We dare to challenge ourselves as well as your organization to devise and realize measurable business returns.
What does Accredited Training mean?
About the Examination
The exam is closed book with 75 multiple choice questions. 5 of the 75 questions are under trial and will not contribute to your overall score. The pass score is 50% (35 out of the 70 questions). The exam lasts 60 minutes and can be taken in two formats: Paper based or Online.
There are no prerequisites for this course
Organizations or Individuals seeing the need for a controlled approach to managing projects (including Project managers, consultants and support staff). And who prefer to study at their own time and pace.
Benefits of using PRINCE…
PRINCE provides benefits to the managers and directors of a project and to an organization, through the controllable use of resources and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively.
PRINCE encourages formal recognition of responsibilities within a project and focuses on what a project is to deliver, why, when and for whom. PRINCE provides projects with:
- A controlled and organized start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan and against the Business Case flexible decision points
- Automatic management control of any deviations from the plan
- The involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the project
- Good communication channels between the project, project management, and the rest of the organization.
Managers using PRINCE are able to…
- Establish terms of reference as a pre-requisite to the start of a project
- Use a defined structure for delegation, authority and communication
- Divide the project into manageable stages for more accurate planning
- Ensure resource commitment from management is part of any approval to proceed
- Provide regular but brief management reports
- Keep meetings with management and stakeholders to a minimum but at the vital points in the project.
Those who will be directly involved with using the results of a project are able to…
- Participate in all the decision-making on a project
- If desired, be fully involved in day-to-day progress
- Provide quality checks throughout the project and ensure their requirements are being adequately satisfied.
Africa Value Solutions Limited (AVS) currently offers the following PRINCE2® e-Learning courses and worldwide exam mode:
- e-Learning PRINCE2 Foundation
- e-Learning PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Combined PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner
- PRINCE2® Re-Registration Examination