Putting environmental management at the heart of any company helps it achieve sustainable success. ISO 14001 helps you reduce your environmental impact as well as grow your business. ISO 14001 is an internationally accepted standard that outlines how to put an effective Environmental Management System (EMS) in place. It is designed to help businesses remain commercially successful without overlooking environmental responsibilities. It can also help you to grow while reducing the environmental impact of this growth. An ISO 14001 system provides the framework to allow you to meet increasingly high customer expectations of corporate responsibility as well as legal or regulatory requirements.
Benefits of ISO 14001- Environmental Management System
Better Environmental Management can help:
- Reduce waste and energy use
- Improve efficiency by cutting cost of running your business
- Demonstrate compliance and thus also help expand your business opportunities
- Meet legal obligations to win greater stakeholder and customer trust
- Prepare for the changing business landscape confidently
- Improvements in overall environmental performance and compliance
- Provide a framework for using pollution prevention practices to meet EMS objectives
- Increase efficiency and potential cost savings when managing environmental obligations
- Promote predictability and consistency in managing environmental obligations
- More effective targeting of scarce environmental management resources
- Enhance public posture with outside stakeholders
- Cost savings in waste, recycling and consumption
- Give you an advantage over competitors when tendering for business
- In the management of environmental risks
- In meeting the compliance with individual countries environmental regulations
- Demonstrates your commitment to improving the environment
- Shows you are a responsible future focused organization
- Can reduce insurance cover costs
- Increase employee engagement in the knowledge that they are working in an environmentally friendly organization
- In discovering areas for reduction in energy usage and other resource expenditure,
- Achieve regulatory incentives that reward companies showing environmental leadership
- Averting pollution and reducing waste,
- Improve community goodwill,
- Profiting in the market for “green” products,
- Respond to insurance company pressure for proof of good management before pollution-incident coverage is issued, and
- Demonstrate commitment to high-quality.
The ISO 14001 Lead Implementer courses offered by Africa Value Solutions Limited enable participants to develop an expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Environmental Management System. The Lead Auditor courses enable participants to develop the expertise needed to audit an Environmental Management System and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
Africa Value Solutions Limited (AVS) offers the following training’s and exams for ISO 14001:
Click here for our complete ISO catalog.