PRINCE2 Agile is an extension module tailored for forward-thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2. It provides further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world’s most recognized project management method.
PRINCE2 Agile is supported by an exam and formal qualification and delivered by our accredited training providers. As with PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
PRINCE2 Agile was developed in response to demand from our user communities and designed to help experienced PRINCE2 practitioners tailor management controls for agile development, while helping ‘agilistas’ understand PRINCE2 governance requirements.
Key benefits of PRINCE2 Agile for your career
- Improved position in the job market and career progression within project and programme management by achieving the new PRINCE2 Agile qualification.
- Recognized globally with an international qualification which demonstrates your ability to apply best practice approaches to managing any and every kind of project – no matter the size or scale.
- A broad understanding of all of the key agile concepts and how these blend seamlessly into the PRINCE2 methodology.
- Flexibility to work with both ever-evolving solutions and those that are clearly defined in detail.
- Completing your PRINCE2 Agile qualification will earn you 15 continuing professional development (CPD) points towards a professional membership, maintaining your PRINCE2 qualification other than through re-sitting the exam.
Key benefits of PRINCE2 Agile for your business
- Agile methods allow organizations to realize the benefits of products and potentially an earlier return on investment while products are being developed and improved.
- Improved communication through the use of common terminology across PRINCE2 and agile disciplines.
- Develop a clear definition of how agile can govern a project’s delivery, whilst PRINCE2 governs projects as a whole.
- Seamless integration: PRINCE2 Agile will complement PMBOK and APM Body of Knowledge just as PRINCE2 does currently. It will also be of interest for Programme Managers with MSP® who need to understand how projects relate to the delivery mechanism.
- The most up-to-date and relevant view of Agile project management methodologies, PRINCE2 Agile references the ‘flow-based’ working featured in Kanban in addition to other agile concepts not covered in other qualifications.
- PRINCE2 Agile is available to qualified PRINCE2 Practitioners. The majority of PRINCE2 Agile guidance is new material and examines how PRINCE2 and agile methods can interact and be adapted to accommodate each other in order to benefit overall management of projects.
This qualification is aimed at Project Managers who hold a current PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification. It is also relevant to other key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts within PRINCE2 Agile will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with programme and project support functions.
Initially in order to sit the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner examination you must hold a current PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification.
- 50 questions each worth one mark
- 30 marks or more required to pass out of 50 questions – 60% pass mark
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 Agile guide only).
Route to Certification
There are two routes towards obtaining the PRINCE2 Agile qualifications – you can sit the exams at the end of a training course with an AXELOS Accredited Training Organization or Accredited Trainer, or you can self-study and then book your exam via one of our PRINCE2 Agile Examination Institutes without taking a course.
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exams are currently available in English and German.