From 1 July 2014, AXELOS will recognize certain certifications from specific organizations when project managers are applying to take the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
At present, this will include qualifications awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the International Project Management Association (IPMA). The recognized qualifications are listed below.
For project managers, this means they will have more direct access to the higher level PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification without having to revisit a more elementary level of study beforehand.
To meet the prior learning requirements, a candidate must be able to provide the Examination Institute with details of their certificate for the related qualification when signing up for the PRINCE2 exam, in line with the standard rules relating to exam pre-requisites.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) – details at www.pmi.org:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- International Project Management Association (IPMA) – details at http://ipma.ch/:
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Individual IPMA chapters have local interpretations of these certificates, for example:
- In the United Kingdom the Association for Project Management (APM) is the IPMA chapter; visitwww.apm.org. The APM Level D certification is their APM (P) certificate
- In the USA the American Society for the Advancement of Project Management is the IPMA chapter; visit www.asapm.org/. The ASAPM Level D certificate is their Certified Project Management Associate.
For more details on taking your PRINCE2 Practitioner contact Africa Value Solutions Limited (AVS) at:
Tel: +254 77 555 111 9